Going to grab a coffee to start off your day? Consider a little zest first. Lemons are antibacterial and antiviral. They are packed vitamin c, magnesium, calcium, bioflavonoids and pectin to keep the immune system rocking. Lemon juice is also a digestive aid and helps in gently cleansing the liver.
Add this to your morning routine
It’s best to use lukewarm filtered or purified water as cold water demands more energy for your body to process. Squeeze half a fresh lemon in warm water and drink before you eat or drink anything else.
5 BENEFITS OF DRINKING WARM WATER WITH LEMON TO START YOUR DAY
1) Aids in Weight Loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. Studies have shown people who maintain a more alkaline diet, do in fact lose weight faster.
2) Boosts Your Immune System + Energy Levels. Lemons are packed with vitamin C and potassium. While vitamin C is known for assisting the immune system and reduces inflammation, potassium helps control blood pressure. Even the scent of a lemon helps boost your mood and refreshes your energy.
3) Alkalizing. Although lemons are acidic on their own, once consumed they are alkaline. A few of the many benefits to keep the body alkalized are: more restful sleeps, increased mental alertness, improved memory and cognition, increased energy and bone and cardiovascular health.
4) Vibrant Skin. The antioxidant and alkalizing element of lemons helps kill off bacteria, decrease blemishes, wrinkles and fights off free radical damage.
5) Digestion + Diuretic . Lemon juice aids in flushing toxins from your body and can also help to relieve indigestion. They also increase the rate of urination which speeds up the toxins release process, improving urinary tract and liver health.
Prepare in your favorite mug and start your morning in health.